Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 17 - A Song I Hear Often on the Radio

Well I don't really listen to the radio anymore other than at work. Rock radio in general is dying in my opinion, but there is occasionally a glimmer of hope on WRXP 101.9 out of NYC. Luckily, music genius Matt Pinfield is in charge over there, so no matter how dumb management can be, he can steer the ship away from the iceberg that K-Rock hit. Basically the only radio I listen to anymore is a free form radio show entitled "Anything Anything" hosted by Rich Russo. Who I had the pleasure of meeting on Record Store Day. I'll say this no matter how much I think radio is dying, the people who work in the industry are mostly good people and I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in it. Here's a song I discovered thanks to "Anything Anything", Girl in a Coma with their cover of "Walking After Midnight".

No comments:

Post a Comment