Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 6 - Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

I figured I could've went a lot of different ways with a topic like this one, but then I thought where do I spend most of my time... the bar! This song in particular reminds me of my old watering hole, Butcher Boys, in Holbrook. The bar doesn't exist anymore, but when I was in my early to mid 20s this was the place to be during the week. Always packed during the mid week and full of people from all walks of life and we were all one large dysfunctional family. If an outsider came in and tried to pick a fight with one of the regulars we all stood up for each other. Sadly, during the last couple years of the bars existence the crowd changed and many of the regulars found new places to go, including myself. Still, nothing quite reminds me more of my old bar than drunken sing a longs on the jukebox at 2 AM to songs like The Proclaimers "I Would Walk 500 Miles", Iron Maiden's "Run To The Hills, and, of course, this Butch classic that we still sing along with the old crew at Public House 49... Mr. Big's "To Be With You" (the guitarists pants and guitar are hilarious in this live performance).

No comments:

Post a Comment