Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 2 - Song That I Hate

Song that I hate, song that I hate, song that I hate. This was kind of a difficult one. I needed to find a song that when I heard made me want to punch a baby. The kind of song that you just wonder what the hell were they thinking when they wrote, recorded, and released this pile of shit? How did this song get approved by the band members, management, and the record execs? Basically the kind of song that proves record company executives are completely useless for anything other than losing half their money to female pop singers through failed marriages. After thinking about this I decided on picking one of my favorite bands of all time. A band that I basically worshiped in my formative years... Metallica. There early stuff is hands down awesome, but after the Black Album they released Load and ReLoad, which were bad, but not horrific. They proved they could make an album that could make their fans hate them more than when they took out Napster. That album was St. Anger. I was so pissed when I bought this hoping it would at least be slightly better than Load/Reload, but I was disappointed beyond belief. This album had out of tune everything and lyrics that a 13 year old kid who cuts himself can write. I can go on and on about how bad this album was, but I'll let the music speak for itself. Here is the title track from Metallica's "St. Anger". It does make me angry, so maybe that was the point...

No comments:

Post a Comment